Carp is a sort of fish that is not only tasty but also very nourishing. Many individuals are aware of the health benefits of cooking carp soup. But did you know that adding sour cabbage to the soup might improve its flavor? Sour Cabbage Carp Soup is a simple yet tasty meal that may be made in a number of ways. Let's look at a few different methods for preparing this delicious soup.
Method Ingredients: 1 pound of live carp that has been washed, descaled, gutted, gilled, and have had their fins removed. Also required: all-purpose flour; 2 scallions; and a little piece of ginger.
- Wine for cooking
- Noodles in vermicelli
- 10 ounces of sauerkraut (sour cabbage)
1. To prepare the carp, make two shallow diagonal slashes, spaced an inch apart, on both sides. To dry the fish, use a paper towel.
2. Lightly sprinkle all-purpose flour over the fish.
3. Fry the fish in heated oil in a skillet until both sides are just beginning to become brown. From the pan, drain any extra oil.
4. Add 3-5 cups of warm water to the saucepan with the fish (change the amount according on servings). Add the ginger and scallions.
5. Add cooking wine after bringing the water to a boil. For approximately five minutes, lower to a simmer.
6. Place the ingredients in a clay pot and boil for two hours at a low temperature.
7. Ten ounces of chopped sour cabbage and a tiny quantity of vermicelli noodles should be added to the pot after two hours.
8. Taste the soup and, if required, reduce the salt content (sour cabbage includes salt).
9. Shortly simmer the sour cabbage until it is soft but not overdone. Serve right away.
2. Method Ingredients
- Fresh carp
- Pickled cabbage
- Salt - Green onion, ginger, garlic, and star anise
1. Prepare the carp by gutting it.
2. Rinse the vinegar-flavored cabbage and shred it.
3. Fry the carp in hot oil until browned on both sides.
4. In a saucepan, combine the salt, water, green onion, ginger, and star anise. To make fish broth, bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Take out and put aside the cooked carp from the pot.
6. In the fish broth, cook the sour cabbage until it is soft.
7. To make Sour Cabbage Carp Soup, combine the cooked carp and sour cabbage in the broth.
A tasty and healthful Sour Cabbage Carp Soup is produced using either technique. You may alter the proportions of the ingredients to your liking, and don't be afraid to try new additions like sour radish for more tanginess. Remember that you may wish to reduce the dish's acidity if you struggle with acid reflux.
Remember that this lovely soup made with sour cabbage and carp is a perfect addition to your culinary repertoire since it offers taste and health advantages.